Born between the hills of Santo Stefano, our Valdobbiadene DOCG Extra Brut is perfect to accompany your delicious and simple aperitifs with raw fish starters or vegetarian dishes like risotto with the herbs typical of our local culinary heritage. Let yourself be seduced by an easy glass of wine, fresh and semi-aromatic; a wine of great finesse and drinkability.
Straw-yellow color with some greenish hues, fine and persistent bubble and creamy foam. The aroma explodes into Golden apple, grapefruit, lime, acacia flower, wisteria and lily-of-the-valley. Then more herbal aromas peek out, like sage or stinging nettle. The mouthfeel is vertical, fresh, dry and direct. Acidity and flavor dominate, contrasted by the body of the wine. Bubbles are creamy, integrated in the wine’s body.
- Grapes: Glera, Verdiso, Perera
- Origin: Santo Stefano, Valdobbiadene
- Vineyard: Hilly position faced east; height 300 mt above the sea; shallow soils with marlstone presence. Double-arched cane with 3300/3500 vines per hectare
- Harvest: manual harvest during the first decade of September with manual selection of grapes
- Vinification: white vinification with monitored fermentation and maturation in cement barrels
- Refermentation: Martinotti method 11,5%vol. 2 g/l residual sugar