Soft and round, Follalba Dry matches perfectly the typical biscuits of the Venetian tradition like “Lingue di Gatto” or “Zaeti”. We suggest a surprising alternative: serve it with sweet and sour fish.
Straw-yellow color, fine and persistent bubble, creamy foam. The nose presents a good complexity, rich of fruity aromas like dry apricot, pineapple chips, rennet apple, followed by more floral notes like chamomile and acacia. The mouthfeel is consistent, soft but well-balanced. The sugar residual is balanced by freshness and acidity.
- Origin: Santo Stefano, Valdobbiadene
- Vineyard: Hilly position faced south, south-east; height between 250 and 300 mt above the sea; shallow soils with marlstone presence. Double-arched cane with 3300/3500 vines per hectare
- Harvest: manual harvest during the first decade of September with manual selection of grapes
- Vinification: white vinification with monitored fermentation and maturation in cement barrels
- Refermentation: Martinotti method 11,5%vol. 19 g/l residual sugar