Follalba Extra Dry
Appetizers and finger-food, aperitifs and between meals: these are the best sceneries for our “Spumante” Extra Dry. If you want to dream with your palate, we suggest you to pair it to the soft flavors of fish fry, of risotto or fresh cheese. A perfect gamble? Bring it to the table with a legume soup.
Straw-yellow color, fine and persisting bubbles, creamy foam. The nose has a certain complexity, rich of fruity scents like Golden apple, pear, pineapple, peach, papaya, passion fruit, accompanied by flowery notes like chamomile and acacia. The mouthfeel is consistent, smooth, yet very balanced, with the sugar residual balanced by freshness and acidity.
- Grapes: Glera, Verdiso, Perera
- Origin: Santo Stefano, Valdobbiadene
- Vineyard: Hilly position facing south, south-west; height between 200 and 300 mt above the sea; shallow soils with marlstone presence. Double-arched cane with 3300/3500 vines per hectare
- Harvest: manual harvest during the first decade of September with manual selection of grapes
- Vinification: white vinification with monitored fermentation and maturation in cement barrels
- Rifermentation: Martinotti method 11,5%vol. 15 g/l residual sugar