Vino bianco frizzante
Sparkling white wine refermented in bottle. “Testardo” is the historical main character of the typical peasant’s snack based on salami and cheese. Thanks to its plasticity and versatility, the “colfondo” is a great ally in gastronomy: its persistent yet light bubble, its rich body and its great freshness make it perfect for appetizers, delicate pasta dishes, fresh cheese or hearty snacks… To pair this wine, give free rein to your imagination.
Straw-yellow color, fine and persistent bubble. The foam is delicate and light. The nose highlights varietal notes such as yellow apple, William pear, acacia flowers, followed by more fermentative notes like bread crust, yeast and croissant. With the passing of time the aromatic profile evolves to reach more complex scents like apple chips, chamomile, dry apricots and dandelion.
- Origin: Santo Stefano, Valdobbiadene
- Vineyard: Hilly position faced south, south-west; height between 200 and 300 mt above the sea; shallow clayey-calcareous soils with marlstone presence. Double-arched cane with 3300/3500 vines per hectare
- Harvest: manual harvest during the first decade of September with manual selection of grapes
- Vinification: white vinification with monitored fermentation and maturation in cement barrels
- Refermentation: Martinotti method 11,5%vol. 0 g/l residual sugar